• Home  
  • Normalcy Restored in Maiduguri After Deadly Bombings — Police
- National - Security

Normalcy Restored in Maiduguri After Deadly Bombings — Police

Authorities say normalcy has returned to Maiduguri following coordinated bomb explosions that rocked the city earlier this week. The spokesman of the Borno State Police Command, Kenneth Daso, disclosed this during an appearance on The Morning Brief on Channels Television, noting that security agencies have intensified operations while investigations continue. “Well, as of now, I […]

Authorities say normalcy has returned to Maiduguri following coordinated bomb explosions that rocked the city earlier this week.

The spokesman of the Borno State Police Command, Kenneth Daso, disclosed this during an appearance on The Morning Brief on Channels Television, noting that security agencies have intensified operations while investigations continue.

“Well, as of now, I would say in Borno State, normalcy has been restored,” Daso said, adding that joint security forces are actively carrying out security operations across affected areas.

Multiple Blasts Leave Dozens Injured

The bombings, suspected to have been carried out by suicide attackers, struck several locations across Maiduguri on Monday evening. Explosions were reported at a busy market, near the entrance of the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, and around a post office area.

The attacks initially left at least 23 people dead, while more than 100 others sustained injuries, making it one of the most severe recent incidents in Borno State.

Witnesses said panic broke out after the first explosion at the market, with people rushing toward exits before a second blast occurred minutes later in the nearby post office area.

Tinubu Orders Security Chiefs to Maiduguri

In response to the attacks, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu directed Nigeria’s security chiefs to relocate to Maiduguri to coordinate efforts and take charge of the situation.

Tinubu condemned the bombings, describing them as desperate attempts by terrorists to instill fear among Nigerians.

Police Chief Visits Victims

The Nigeria Police Force leadership has also stepped up its response to the attack. The Inspector General of Police, Tunji Disu, visited victims receiving treatment at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital and conducted an on-the-spot assessment of the bombing site.

Disu assured residents that the police and other security agencies remain committed to dismantling the networks responsible for the attacks and preventing future incidents.

Meanwhile, the Nigeria Governors’ Forum condemned the bombings as a reckless waste of human lives and pledged continued collaboration with the Federal Government to defeat terrorism across the country.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

About Us

ADBN TV is a dynamic digital broadcasting platform committed to delivering credible news, inspiring stories, and engaging programmes that inform, educate, and connect communities across Nigeria and beyond.

Email Us: info@adbntv.com

Contact: +234 (0)703 670 7787

ADBNTV.  2026. All Rights Reserved.